What is Psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is the process by which an experienced Clinical Psychologist uses various techniques to help a person overcome his / her psychological and mental health issues.
Who needs it?
Any person who is undergoing certain psychological stress or mental health problems benefit from Psychotherapy. Below are few of the problems for which it is especially recommended:
- Depression, Bipolar Disorder, or any other Mood Disorder
- Anxiety, Phobia or Panic Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Addiction to any substance or to phone, internet etc.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Marital problems
- Physical symptoms present (like headache, breathing problems, vomiting or other gastro-intestinal distress, fainting etc. ) but medical reports normal.
- Anger issues
- Excessive stress
- Education related problems
- Relationship problems
- Sleep or eating problems
What types of Psychotherapy are available in Jeevsutra?
In Jeevsutra our professionals use the most advanced forms of therapy. The major forms used are as follows:
- For Children
- Behaviour Modification
- Narrative Therapy
- Attention Training
- Play Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapy
- For Adults
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Drill Therapy (CDT)
- Exposure Response Prevention (ERP)
- Brief Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Solution Focussed Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Re-processing (EMDR)
- Supportive Therapy
- Motivation Enhancement Therapy (MET)
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT)
- Gestalt Therapy
- Positive Psychotherapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Grief Therapy
- Family Therapy
Depending on the nature of the problem and requirements of the client the form of therapy to be used is selected. Many times instead of using one single type of therapy various techniques from different therapeutic modalities are combined to bring the maximum result.
Our clinicians constantly keep themselves updated by attending conferences, seminars, reading journals and latest researches. We also work very closely with Psychiatrists and other allied professionals like Special Educators, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, and Speech-therapists to ensure that the best possible combination of treatment is made available to our clients.
Jeevsutra can boast of a very high success rate. Also, the relapse rate (or the rate of the illness recurring in future) among our clients is very low. For this reason Jeevsutra gets a huge number of referrals from Doctors, Teachers, Schools and others from all over India.